January 14, 2013
January 14, 2013
January 3, 2013
We have put together a list a some great ways to help you stay active this New Year and to finally achieve those fitness resolutions.
1. Put yourself first. Write your exercise in your date book as if it were a doctor’s appointment and keep it!
2. Put your fork down between each bite of food. It takes 20 minutes for the stomach to signal the brain that it is full.
3. Go for a walk, hike or run instead of going out to eat a high calorie lunch.
4. Never go to the grocery store hungry.
5. Don’t buy anything that has white flour or sugar in it for a week.
6. Put exercise in the “brush-your-teeth” category.
7. Be an example for your children: eat healthy and exercise daily. They will inherit these habits. Remember, children are like sponges.
8. Drink more than 8 glasses of water a day.
9. Only do exercise that is fun. If you don’t enjoy it, you won’t stick to it.
10. Work out in the mornings. Statistics show that after-work or evening workouts have a much larger attrition rate than first thing in the morning.
11. Do one family event a week that involves exercise. Go for a hike, bike ride, swim, or walk.
12. Eat dinner together. Not only is it an important time to find out what happens in our children’s day, it is an important time to be examples for our children’s eating habits.
13. Eat a healthy breakfast.
14. Pack healthy snacks for both you and your children, so you are not tempted to grab unhealthy snacks on the run.
15. Cut up fruit and veggies and keep in the refrigerator for healthy snacking.
16. Don’t buy or keep junk food in the house, so you won’t be tempted during the day or night.
17. Go for a walk after dinner and let your food digest.
18. Keep a food diary for one month. Write everything down that goes into your mouth. You might be surprised.
19. Try to eliminate sugar from your diet. Sugar produces insulin, and insulin causes us to store fat.
20. Don’t eat out at restaurants more than once a week. Restaurant meals average 800 more calories than if we eat at home.
21. Challenge a spouse or friend to health or fitness goal. And put a date on it.
22. Limit your children’s screen time to 30 minutes a day and allow yourself the same.
23. Limit your alcohol to only weekends.
24. Say one thing you are grateful for out loud each day. It could turn your day around.
25. Make an agreement with your spouse that you each get one hour a day to workout. And help each other stick to it.
26. Take a workout vacation, surf camp, yoga retreat, or to a spa with your spouse or best friend.
27. Get plenty of sleep. It makes everyone happier.
28. Stop drinking soda, including diet.
29. On the days you want to blow off your workout, make a commitment to do only ten minutes instead of the usual hour. You will feel better and it will help you stay committed the next time you feel like blowing it off.
30. Eat as much high-fiber food as possible–it helps to fill you up.
December 26, 2012
“The Best Buy winner for Treadmill Desks! The best integrated treadmill desk unit on the market today in an affordable price range. Be sure you are committed to this type of exercise because it will set you back more than $2k.” – Treadmill Doctor
About the product:
The TR5000-DT5 Treadmill Desk combines our DT5 desk with our most durable treadmill option. If you’re looking for a treadmill desk that will be used by multiple people throughout the day and requires almost no maintenance the TR5000-DT5 may be the best product combination for you.
Like other LifeSpan treadmill desk options the TR5000-DT5 features independent shock absorbers to isolate the walking deck from the frame. This creates a more comfortable walking surface and makes the treadmill extremely quiet during operation. The TR5000-DT5 comes standard with LifeSpan’s trademark features. Intelli-Step™ counts and records the number of steps you take and displays them on the console. More accurate than a pedometer, Intelli-Step automatically detects the impact of your foot striking the treadmill belt. Intelli-Guard™ automatically stops the belt if you step off during your workout for added safety and is a major development in protecting treadmill users and those around them.
In addition to these features the TR5000-DT5 includes a heavy 3HP AC commercial motor, upgraded walking belt and deck that never required lubrication, and aluminum side rails. With these enhancements the TR5000-DT5 is rated at 10 hours of use per day – our highest daily usage.
It includes a sturdy work surface measuring 46.5″ wide and 31″ deep to easily support your laptop, printer, computer display and other electronics devices. The large armrests create stability as you type and write and the cable slot in the desktop along with the cable tray beneath the surface provide a secure place to stow extra cords and cables from your electronic office.
The integrated LED digital display shows steps taken, walking time, calories burned, distance traveled and walking belt speed. In addition, this new console is Bluetooth-enabled so you can connect wirelessly to your Windows or OS X computer to automatically track results while you exercise. Once you’re done walking, sync your data with your LifeSpan Fitness Club account to retain your exercise history online.
The TR5000-DT5 is a commercial quality treadmill backed with a lifetime warranty on the frame and a three year warranty on the motor.
December 17, 2012
As I always say, “something is better than nothing”! Plan ahead, look forward to activity and enjoy!